To receive a library card you must present photo identification and documentation of your current local mailing address. Documentation may include:
- Driver’s license
- Postmarked mail addressed to you
- Car registration in your name
- Copy of a current lease
A valid RIDGWAY LIBRARY CARD is required in order to check materials out of the library. The first resident library card replacement is free. A $5.00 fee will be charged for any additional replacements.
By signing the library card the applicant agrees to:
- be responsible for all materials charged to their cards
- return all materials by date due
- return all materials in good condition
- promptly pay all fines and/or other charges incurred
- provide timely notification to the Ridgway Public Library of any changes of address.
- Ridgway Public Library cards are renewed every 3 years.
Children under sixteen (16) years of age may receive their own library card with the permission of their parent or guardian. A parent or guardian’s signature on a child’s application form is required and constitutes his/her permission for the child to have a card and signifies a willingness to assume responsibility for all materials checked out on the child’s card.
A GUEST CARD may be issued to a Non-Colorado resident visiting the Ridgway area. Photo Identification, local address, home address, and a $10.00 library card fee are required. GUEST card is valid for one year.
COLORADO LIBRARY CARD (CLC) participants with a current library card from any library in Colorado and a valid picture ID may receive a Ridgway Library card.