All patrons have access to library information regardless of age. It is not the responsibility of library staff to make decisions about what a child will read or view. It is the responsibility of the parents and/or guardians to supervise the reading and viewing of their children.
The Ridgway Public Library does not monitor and has no control over information access through the internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. As with other library items, restriction of a child’s access to the internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Library items are checked out for two (2) weeks:
- Books – Twenty (20) per card
- Audio Books – Six (6) per card
- DVD’s – Ten (10) per card
- New Books – Six (6) per card
- Periodicals – Six (6) per card
All Ridgway & AspenCat items can be renewed up to two (2) times. Item will not renew if it is on hold for another patron. Renewals are automatic when there are no holds on the item. If an item does not renew automatically, the item needs to be returned to the library.
Patrons are guaranteed one (1) hour per visit, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Check out is required. Children under twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Available through our Online Catalog: ridgway.catalog.aspencat.info
- Our website ridgway.colibraries.org has information about apps for downloading, including: CloudLibrary, Kanopy, Libby, and New York Times.
Ridgway Public Library does not collect fines for returned overdue items.
Lost or Damaged Materials: Patrons are responsible for all items charged to their library card. Items are declared LOST ninety (90) days after date due. Replacement cost will be based on the replacement price of the item, if available. If the item is out of print, library staff will estimate replacement cost based on current prices. A $5.00 processing fee may be applied to each replacement item. Please talk with director before replacing an item.
All items except reference materials and books copyrighted within the current year that are not owned by the Ridgway Public Library may be requested through AspenCat or Prospector.
Patrons may initiate requests in two (2) ways:
- Request help at the Circulation Desk. A staff member will help locate and order your requested items.
- Patron may locate and request items through AspenCat or Prospector directly. You can also make requests on AspenCat or Prospector with your current Ridgway Library card.
For AspenCat requests:
- Sign in to AspenCat using your Ridgway Public Library card number
- Search for your item
- Click the "Place Hold" button
- If prompted, choose Ridgway Library as your pickup location
For Prospector requests:
- Search for your item in AspenCat. If your item is not available in AspenCat, at the bottom of the page you should see "Available Items In Prospector" and a button "See more results in Prospector. Choose Alliance - AspenCat Libraries"
- Click the "See more results" button
- A new tab will open with results related to your search. The title of the item is clickable for more information, or you should see a button "Request it"
- Click "Request it" button
- A new window will open. For the drop down "With which institution are you affiliated?", select "Alliance - AspenCat Libraries", then choose the button "Submit above information"
- Enter your name and library card number
- Choose Ridgway Public Library as your Pickup Location
- Click "Submit" button
When the requested item arrives at the library, you will be notified by the email address linked to your library card, or phone number, if there is no email address.
Lending library items will be held for seven (7) days after the patron has been notified that the item has arrived. On the eighth (8th) day the item will be recalled by the lending library.
A valid RIDGWAY LIBRARY CARD is required in order to check items out of the library. The first library card replacement is free. A $5.00 fee will be charged for any additional replacements.
To receive a library card you must present photo identification and documentation of your current local mailing address. Documentation may include:
- Driver’s license
- Postmarked mail addressed to you
- Car registration in your name
- Copy of a current lease
- Property ownership on county records
By signing the library card the applicant agrees to:
- be responsible for all items charged to their card
- return all items by date due
- return all items in good condition
- promptly pay any charges incurred for lost or damaged items
- provide timely notification to the Ridgway Public Library of any change in contact information
- Ridgway Public Library cards being renewed every three (3) years.
Children under sixteen (16) years of age may receive their own library card with the permission of their parent or guardian. A parent or guardian’s signature on a child’s application form is required and constitutes their permission for the child to have a card and signifies a willingness to assume responsibility for all items checked out on the child’s card. Parent or guardian must have a valid library card.
A GUEST card may be issued to a Non-Colorado resident visiting the Ridgway area. Photo identification, proof of home mailing address, and a $10.00 library card fee are required. GUEST card is valid for one year.
COLORADO LIBRARY CARD (CLC) participants with a current library card from any library in Colorado, a valid picture ID, and proof of mailing address may receive a Ridgway Library card for free.
- Meeting Rooms are available to reserve by Ridgway Library card holders and library guests alike.
- Meeting Room Rental $25.00 (per use over one (1) hour).
- Nonprofit organizations are exempt from usage fee.
- If a Meeting Room has not been reserved, an individual or group may check out a meeting room at the front desk for one hour at no charge. $25.00 fee for additional time is required.
- Groups using the Meeting Room(s) are expected to leave it in the condition they found it. If it is necessary for Library staff to clean up following a meeting the individual, group, or organization renting the room(s) will be charged $25.00.
- If meeting is outside of library hours, a meeting room key may be checked out the business day prior to the meeting. Key must be returned by the next business day after the meeting.
Check out privileges will be suspended when a patron has unpaid charges. Library privileges will be reinstated when items are returned or lost items charges are paid.